Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, New Jersey was the host for the Northeast Youth Regional Qualifier for the 2017 Rocky Mountain ATV/MC AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship presented by Lucas Oil. More than 700 racers rolled into the iconic facility in Central New Jersey last weekend for their chance at national glory.
Taking place each summer at Loretta Lynn’s Dude Ranch in Hurricane Mills, TN, the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship feature the fastest 42 riders in the country in each class. They get their ticket to the big show through a series of area and then regional qualifiers across the country. Raceway Park was the site chosen as the Northeast regional qualifier for youth and women riders for 2017.
Two full days of racing with three motos in each class reward those who come prepared and the challenging track at Raceway Park added to the competition. A top 6 overall finish (in most classes) was the goal but getting a #1 plate as the regional champion looks great in the trophy case and certainly something to strive for.
Northeast Regional Champions:
- 18.1. 51cc (4-6) Special LTD: 1. Roxyn Rinehart
- 18.2. 51cc (4-6) Shaft Dr LTD: 1. Evan Cole
- 19. 51cc (4-6) Limited: 1. Roxyn Rinehart
- 20. 51cc (7-8) Limited: 1. Canyon Richards
- 21. 65cc (7-9) Limited: 1. Jaden Palmer
- 22. 65cc (10-11) Limited: 1. Owen Covell
- 23. 65cc (7-11): 1. Owen Covell
- 24. 85cc (9-11) Limited: 1. Nicholas Romano
- 25. 85cc (9-12): 1. Bryce Shelly
- 26. Mini Sr 1 (12-13): 1. Ryan Canaguier
- 27. Mini Sr 2 (12-14): 1. Nathanael Thrasher
- 28. Supermini 1 (12-15): 1. Parker Earl
- 29. Supermini 2 (13-16): 1. Jack Rogers
- 30. 125cc (12-16) B/C: 1. Jarrett Frye
- 31. Schoolboy 1 (12-16) B/C: 1. Jarrett Frye
- 32. Schoolboy 2 (12-17) B/C: 1. Gauge Keith
- 33. Girls (11-16): 1. Jordan Jarvis
- 34. Women (12+) Amateur: 1. Jordan Jarvis
So with the thrill of victory and a ticket to the ranch, the hard work continues for the riders that qualified. Now the level of training steps up in preparation for the final goal, a national championship at the ranch the first week in August. Good luck to all that qualified.
For more information on Raceway Park Motocross, along with all of the other activities available, visit them online: www.racewaypark.com
About Old Bridge Township’s Raceway Park- Founded in 1965 as a drag strip the facility has evolved into more than 500 acres of motorsports and family fun. The facility contains two drag strips (1/4 mile and 1/8 mile), three motocross tracks, a 1.3-mile road course, competition kart racing track, autocross, ride & drive site, airport and more. From March through November, Raceway Park hosts a full schedule of motorsports events including; NHRA-sanctioned drag racing events; AMA-sanctioned motocross racing, ATV racing, kart racing, road course events, corporate gatherings, the annual Englishtown Swap Meet & Auto Show, the largest monster truck shows in NJ and much more. Visit www.racewaypark.com for the complete schedule.