Riders and their families have worked long and hard to arrive at this top level of competition. We want you to have a good time at Loretta’s, but we also want you to have every opportunity to be your best in the competition. To facilitate this, there are ground rules that we all must abide by. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your disqualification and/or removal from the event. Remember - the rider is responsible for the actions of his/her pit crew.
- FACILITY PERMITS. Upon entering the Ranch, all vehicles must stop at the MX Sports Front Gate Office for rider validation. All vehicle occupants, including children, will be required to sign a liability release. The Front Gate Staff will issue the proper Facility Permit. Affix the Permit to the driver’s side of the front windshield of the vehicle. The permit must be displayed at all times. Each permit will be assigned to a specific rider. Do not trade or transfer permits. If you did not win the Hookup Lottery, you may not obtain a hookup permit from someone who did. Finally, we realize accidents happen, but if you cause damage to any campsite, you will be held responsible for the cost of repair.
- HOOKUPS. If you won the Lottery for a hookup, you will be required to pay an additional $200 hook-up fee in advance. Not all hookup sites have a sewer connection. If your site has a sewer connection, be careful not to place your sewer hose too far down into the drain, as long hoses will block the drain if placed in too far. DO NOT USE A GENERATOR while hooked up to campground electricity. This is not only dangerous, but may cause electrical feedback and shut down the campground electricity. If you did not receive a hookup, you may not run an extension cord or water hose from one site to another.
- EARLY ARRIVAL. National camping starts Sunday, July 29, and ends Sunday morning, August 5. You are welcome to arrive early, but you will be required to pay the Ranch a camping fee of $40 per day. If arriving before Sunday, you may not have a hookup site unless you have been assigned one for National week.
- Registration will be held at the Lucas Oil Arena as follows:
12 pm - 2 pm Youth Classes ONLY (Classes 19-35)
3 pm - 5 pm Amateur Classes ONLY (Classes 1-18)
8 am – 10 am All Classes
- CAMPING AREAS. There are several camping areas. Individual campsites are not assigned. However, you may only park in a hookup site if you have a hookup permit. Do not use or take up space for more than one site. If your rig is too big for the site you chose, you will have to relocate. DO NOT SAVE SPOTS for friends. If you want to camp with friends, please meet them off-site and arrive together. The camping areas are as follows:
AREA 1: Stage Coach Hill - Racer Hookup camping - located on left after Main Gate
AREA 2: Camp Carmichael - Racer Hookup & non-hookup camping - located behind Start Line
AREA 3: Stewarts Town - Racer Hookup & non-hookup camping - located past track on right
AREA 4: Western Town - Racer non-hookup camping - located in Western Town
- ELECTRIC SERVICE. For the comfort of all of our guests, please do not overload the electrical service. Our hook-ups are either 30-amp or 50-amp service. Do not plug a 30-amp rig into a 50-amp service. Likewise, do not overload a 30-amp service with a 50-amp rig by using multiple appliances at once.
- PUMP-OUT/FRESH WATER SERVICE. Guests are encouraged to purchase motor home sewage pump-out and fresh water delivery service permits at the Front Gate Office. The permit must be displayed on the outside of the vehicle facing the service lane (road). The fee is $35 per one-time service. You do not need to be present at your vehicle at the time the service is rendered. Reminder: many campers have sensors in the toilet units that can give a false reading of “full” if toilet paper is trapped in the pipes, even after the unit is pumped out. There is also a dump station located near the Front Office. Also available: RV holding tank chemicals, private portable toilet rentals, showers.
- EXTRA CAR PASSES. Place the Extra Car Pass on the driver’s side of the front windshield of your vehicle. In most cases, campsites are not large enough to accommodate both your camper and an extra vehicle. Please park your extra vehicle out of the way, making sure not to take up another campsite. Extra Car Passes can be purchased at the event only by those who have already purchased a Facility Permit. Vehicles pulling a trailer are not eligible for the extra vehicle pass.
- PIT VEHICLE PERMITS (PVP). Pit vehicles (mopeds, scooters, pit bikes, golf carts, mules) may be used by PERMIT ONLY. No ATVs, Pilots, or 6-wheel Gators permitted (except staff, vendors and sponsors). Licensed motorcycles/scooters entering the camping areas are required to have a PVP. The cost is $50 if purchased in advance, and $60 at the event, and covers the week of the event (Saturday-Saturday). An additional fee of $5 will apply to permits purchased prior to Saturday. Permits will be sold starting Friday at Noon at the MX Sports Track Office. Only racers and campers are eligible for Pit Vehicle Permits. Day Spectators are not eligible for pit permits. Proof of age and a valid AMA card will be required at time of purchase. Unauthorized pit vehicles will be confiscated and the racer subject to penalty, or even disqualification. Pit Vehicles may only cross the county road at the designated cart crossing. No pit vehicles or golf carts are permitted on the county road, in Western Town or on the Ranch trails. Stay out of the woods – they are off limits. Helmets must be worn by all persons riding 2-wheeled pit vehicles.
- PIT VEHICLE OPERATORS. MX Sports will issue wristbands for all pit vehicle operators. Operators must be 16 years old minimum. In order to obtain an Operator Pass, a valid driver’s license is required, and Operators will be required to sign a liability release. There is no fee to obtain an Operator Pass. Operator Passes will be issued at the event.
- POWER WASHERS. There are three designated bike-wash areas for your convenience and use: (1) Area 1 Stage Coach Hill above the Campfire Show Building; (2) Area 2 behind the Bath House; and (3) Area 3 adjacent to the Burnout Area. Power washers and water will be available at these stations, compliments of Yamaha Power Equipment. DO NOT hookup to the campsite water supply to wash bikes, vehicles, etc. Power washing in campsites is permitted only if the washing does not interfere with your neighbors’ area or create a mess.
- NO CAMP FIRES. Due to the large number of guests, we cannot permit campfires.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS. All motor homes/camping vehicles and pit rigs should have fully functioning fire extinguishers readily available in the event of an emergency.
- SANITATION/WASTE REMOVAL. Please be courteous and properly bag your trash and place it by the roadway for pick-up. Garbage barrels are not for personal campsite use. Dumpsters are located across from Lake Loretta. It would be very helpful if you could transport your trash to the dumpsters. In addition, there will be separate dumpsters for metal objects and tires. Please deposit these items in the proper dumpster. DO NOT wash bikes or dump pollutants in the creek or pond. DO NOT dump oils, fuels, coolants or other waste materials on the ground. They must be disposed of properly. “Used Oil” containers are available in the above areas for this purpose. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- SHOWER HOUSES will close at midnight. Anyone causing damage or destruction to a shower house will be prosecuted. RIDING GEAR is prohibited in the shower houses. Portable showers are located in Area 3.
- DO NOT PARK ON THE COUNTY ROAD OR WITHIN 20’ OF THE RACETRACK. The road along the racetrack is a county road and must remain open and free of blockage at all times. Please be aware that the county patrol will tow all vehicles parked alongside the road. This includes the road from the front gate to Loretta’s house. Further, do not park or camp up against the racetrack fence. No vehicle can park within 20’ of the racetrack fence.
11 PM : NOISE No noise after this time - riders need their rest; loud generators must be turned off.
12 AM : YOUTH Minors may be taken into custody and escorted to their parents/guardians.
- NO RIDING. Race bikes can only be ridden at a walking pace from your pit area to the racetrack and back, or to and from the Burnout Area. Otherwise - race bikes may not be ridden anywhere on the Ranch.
- BURNOUT AREA. The Burnout Area is located in Area 3 behind the Racetrack. Hours of operation are Monday – Saturday (7 am – 7 pm). This area is strictly for race machines – no pit vehicles, golf carts, etc. Safety gear is required, i.e., helmet, protective eyewear, boots, pants, jersey, etc. This area is to be used for technical set-up and testing only - not horseplay.
- NO WOODS RIDING. The Ranch trails are off limits to motorized vehicles of any kind. These trails are used for horse riding. Anyone caught violating this rule will be dealt with harshly.
- PET POLICY. We allow SMALL, FRIENDLY pets only. This is a long, hot week, and many animals are not suited to these conditions. We will leave it to the pet’s human to decide if it’s a good idea to bring them nor not. Regardless, if you do bring a pet, you will be required to: 1) pick up its business, 2) keep your pet tied up in your camping area or on a leash at all times, 3) have proper ID and rabies vaccine tags. No pets near the racetrack or in Lucas Oil Arena. Pets that bark or bite or otherwise are cause for concern will be required to leave the event with their humans. MX Sports has sole discretion on whether your pet can stay.
- NO FIREWORKS, FIREARMS, WATER BALOONS, WATER GUNS, OR PAINTBALL GUNS. The misuse of water guns or other toy paraphernalia to harass other guests will not be tolerated. Leave your water guns at home or risk expulsion from the event.
- NO DRONES OR REMOTE CONTROL AIRCRAFT. If we catch it we will keep it.
- SWIMMING POOL RULES. The swimming pool will have posted hours. No one is allowed in the pool except during the posted times. Children under 10 years old must have adult supervision. The following is prohibited in the pool area: food, drinks, bicycles, dirty clothes, oils or tanning lotions in water, running, jumping, diving, pushing or rough play. The pool is not a bath facility - please shower before entering the pool. If the pool area is full to capacity, you must wait until someone leaves. Violation of any of these rules will result in loss of pool privileges.
- SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK in the creek and the swimming pool. DO NOT jump or dive into the creek from any location. The creek may be shallow in some areas. The area on the other side of the creek is private property that is not owned by the Ranch. No trespassing on the opposite side of the creek.
- RADIO/MX SPORTS CENTER. The MX Sports Radio Channel is FM 91.5. The best way to stay tuned to event activities is to tune in.
- LORETTA LYNN HONOR ROLL. Think you’re smart? Prove it! Bring your report card to Rider Registration, and if you averaged a “B” or better, you will be inducted into the Loretta Lynn Honor Roll. You will receive A+ stickers for all of your number plates to show off during the week so that everyone else knows how smart you are too. We are proud of our moto-brains. Or you can upload your report card here and we will have your sticker ready for you at registration: /pages/a-honor-role-program
- TALENT CONTEST. We have our own American Idols in motocross. Auditions are Wednesday from 1 - 4 pm at the Lucas Oil Arena. We crown our champion Friday night.
- BEER TENT. Located next to Lake Loretta, the pub will be open nightly from 8 pm to Midnight. Guests must be at least 21 years old to enter.
- INTERNET SERVICE. Internet service is available thru Fast Forward Internet. If you experience problems, contact Fast Forward Internet @ 931.264.1029.
- RV/SMALL ENGINE REPAIR SERVICE. Celebration Trailer and RV Mobile Service will be onsite race week on Stage Coach Hill. You can reach them by text @ 931.607.1221.
- SHIPPING DEPOT. Both UPS and Federal Express deliver to the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Shipping Depot located across the road from the Announcer Tower. However, please do not ship anything to be delivered prior to Thursday, July 26. MX Sports is not responsible for the safekeeping of any packages. Despite what any delivery service may represent, there is NO SATURDAY DELIVERY at the Ranch, as this is a rural address. The following address is good during race week only.
Fed Ex: Mon – Fri 1-2 pm
UPS: Mon – Fri 3-4 pm
Depot Hours of Operation:
Thurs – Sun: Noon – 5 pm
Mon – Wed: 10 am – 6 pm
Thurs – Sat: 10 am – 3 pm
How to address packages:
Please ensure that the outside of the package clearly and boldly identifies the intended recipient, as follows:
Loretta Lynn Ranch
c/o MX Sports
Attn: (name of racer/company)
44 Hurricane Mills Rd
Hurricane Mills, TN 37078
- MEDIC STATION. Medics are located above the MX Sports Race Track Office.
- HOSPITAL DIRECTIONS.
Three Rivers Hospital, Waverly, TN: Turn left out of the Ranch entrance onto Route 13 N. 7 miles. Hospital is on the right. 931.296.4203.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN: Turn right out of the Ranch entrance onto Route 13 S.; Go 8 miles to I-40; Take I-40 E to Nashville 62.8 miles; At Exit 206, take I-440 towards Knoxville for 2.6 miles; Take Exit 3, and turn left onto US 431 (21st Avenue or Hillsboro Pike) 2 miles; Turn left onto Pierce Avenue.
Adult Unit: 615.322.3391
Pediatric Unit: 615.343.2996
- LOST & FOUND. Find something? Please turn it into the MX Sports Race Track Office. Lose something? Stop by the Track Office.
- CONTACT US. If you need to contact us at the Ranch, please use these numbers during these periods:
MX Sports Trackside Office: 931.296.4015
Mon-Sat: 7 am – 8 pm
MX Sports Front Gate Office: 931.296.4017
Fri-Mon: 7 am – 9 pm
Tue-Wed: 8 am – 5 pm
Please do not forget that you and your family are guests of Humphries County and Loretta Lynn. You are representing the AMA and our great sport of motocross. Your behavior will reflect on how the public views our sport. Inappropriate behavior reported by any hotel manager, local business person, campground staff or law enforcement personnel may result in disqualification. You have worked too hard to take that chance.
Have a safe trip, and we’ll see you at the races!!!
The MX SPORTS TEAM