The Basics

Classes and Rules

Women's Class Clarification

  • Which class can I race at Loretta Lynn's?

    There are 2 classes offered:

    Girls (11-16) (79-112cc 2-Stroke / 75-150cc 4-Stroke). Max. Wheels: Front 19" / Rear 16" / Must be 12 to ride Supermini and;

    Women (12+) Amateur (99-250cc) (Must be 14 to ride 250cc). Past WMX champions and the top 5 overall finishing positions from the previous two years WMX Championships are not eligible for the Women Amateur class.

Area Qualifiers

Regional Championships

The National

  • At the National, what day is my class going to run?

    The race order/schedule will be posted approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the National Championship

  • How does camping work at the National?

    Each rider who registers for the National Championship must purchase what is called a "Facility Permit." This Facility Permit is paymet for your racing "footprint" at Loretta Lynn's Ranch for the entire week. The Facility Permit also includes non-hookup camping and gate admission into the event for all individuals in the vehicle being used. The Facility Permit is in addition to the National Race Entry Fee.

  • What if I am staying in a hotel, do I still need to purchase a Facility Permit?

    Yes. The Facility Permit is considered your racing "footprint" (i.e. pit set-up and admission) for the entire week.

  • How can I get a camping hook-up at the National?

    Unfortunately, hook-ups, electricity and some sewage availability is limited. To be considered for a hook-up at the National, a rider must indicate on their National entry form that they would like to enter what is called the "Hook-Up Lottery." Hook-ups are assigned by a computer generated lottery system and will be posted in mid-July. All available hook-up camping sites are assigned to riders and their families with only one hook-up available per family. An additional fee will be collected at the Front Gate for hook-up winners. Anyone using a Facility Permit sticker other than the one authorized by MX Sports will be removed from the Ranch. Spectators are not eligible for a hook-up.

  • I am handicap, can I get a hook-up?

    Unfortunately, due to the magnitude of the claims for handicap parking we cannot accomodate handicap requests for a hook-up. However, we will make our best effort to provide you with a location suitable to accommodate your mobility needs.

  • I won a hook-up in the lottery but I have to withdraw from the National, can I transfer my hook-up to a friend?

    No. Hook-ups are non-transferable.

  • Can I bring a dog to the races in Tennessee?
    1. PET POLICY: We are going to try something new this year and allow SMALL, FRIENDLY pets. This is a long, hot week, and many animals are not suited to these conditions. We will leave it to the pet's human to decide if it's a good idea to bring them nor not. Regardless, if you do bring a pet, you will be required to pick up its business and keep the pet in your camping area. No pets near the racetrack, in Town Center, Lucas Oil Arena or Sponsor Village. Pets must remain on a leash at all times. Pets that bark or bite or otherwise are cause for concern will be required to leave the event with their humans. MX Sports has sole discretion on whether your pet can stay.
    2. Local Kennels are available near by:
    1. Exquisite Pets
      107 N Church St, Waverly, TN 37185
      (931) 296-7556
    2. Shenandoah Samoyed Kennel
      200 Brown Town Rd, Waverly, TN 37185
      (931) 296-3494
    3. Woof!
      124 S Main St
      Dickson, TN 37055
      (615) 740-1222
  • How long are the motos at the National?

    All 51cc, Girls, Senior 45+/Masters 50+, and "C" classes will run 15-minute motos. All other classes will run 20-minute motos.

  • What are the additional fees to qualify and race at the National Championship?

    In addition to the MX Sports Area Qualifier registration fee, each Area Qualifier track will charge a race entry fee and gate admission fee. Same for the Regional Championships - you will register with MX Sports online and pay a fee to participate in the national program, and then pay a race entry and gate admission fee at the regional track.

    Once you qualify for the National, you will register online for your race entry and Facility Permit, which includes your gate admission and camping for the week.

  • Does every rider have to purchase a Facility Permit?

    Yes, your Facility Permit covers your facility entry for the week - whether or not you are camping at the ranch. However, immediate family members of the same household do not have to purchase multiple Facility Permits. This means participating siblings and/or parents that live in the same household and who are staying together during the national week do not have to purchase more than one Facility Permit.

    This does not apply to extended family members, i.e., cousins, step-children who do not live together, or friends camping together.

  • I am a family friend and plan to camp all week. How can I get a camping hook-up at the National?

    Spectators are not eligible for a campking hook-up spot. Only qualified racers are eligible for hook-ups.

  • I purchased an extra car pass, but they are coming later in the week. Should I take it with me or leave it at the front gate?

    You may keep the pass at the front gate in your envelope and when the extra car comes they will pick it up. This is the best option considering there is minimal cell phone service at the ranch.